What Information Do We Collect?
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information from you is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. This allows us to provide services and features that most likely meet your needs, and to customize our service to make your experience safer and easier. We only collect personal information about you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose.
In general, you can browse the Site without telling us who you are or revealing personal information about yourself. Once you become a User, we may require you to provide various contact and identity information, billing information, and other personal information as indicated on the relevant forms on the Site (which vary, depending on what kind of User you are). Where possible, on these forms we indicate which fields are required and which fields are optional.
In addition, as you use the Site, you can from time to time enter or send to us personal information. For example, if you are a Subscriber, you can enter your own timesheet and other billing information, and if you are a Customer you can enter information about payment of any invoice submitted by a Subscriber. As you use the Site you can also from time to time enter personal information about third parties relevant to the services we provide. For example, if you are a Subscriber, you can (within the context of the services) enter personal information about your Customers or your staff.
You always have the option to not provide information by choosing not to become a User or by not using the particular feature of the Site for which the information is being collected.
If you are a Subscriber, we collect your credit card information for billing purposes. And if you are a Customer who wishes to pay amounts to a Subscriber on a recurring basis, we collect and store your credit card information for payment purposes.
Some of our pages where personal data is collected utilize framing techniques to serve content to you from our partners while preserving the look and feel of our site. Please be aware that you are providing your personal information to these third parties and not to www.mediahqs.net (in each case the relevant third party will be identified to you via that section of the website).
We also make use of third party companies to process personal information as needed for marketing or analytical purposes that enhance our existing services and programs.
Technologies such as: cookies and similar technologies are used by Media HQS and our partners (e.g., advertising, marketing and analytics), affiliates, or other service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our Web site or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may set your preferences by clicking here. Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
We, or our designated third party service provider, may from time to time contact you by telephone. Such calls may as indicated by us, and with your consent, be monitored, recorded, stored and used for the purposes specified in such calls.
How We Use Your Information
We use your personal information to provide to you the services offered by the Site; resolve service and billing disputes; troubleshoot problems; bill any amounts due from you; measure consumer interest in our products and services, inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, events and updates; deliver information to you that, in some cases, is relevant to your interests, such as product news; customize your experience; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce our Terms of Service; provide you with system or administrative messages, and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection. On occasion we use email address or other contact information to contact our Users to ask them for their input on our services, to forward to them media opportunities, and even to invite them to dinner.
We may also use personal information about you to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze Site usage, to improve our content and product offerings, and to customize the Site’s content, layout, and services. These processes include automated decision-making and profiling information. The intention of the usage is to improve the Site and the Media HQS application and better tailor it to meet your needs, so as to provide you with a smooth, efficient, safe and customized experience while using the Site.
Sharing of Your Information
- Subscribers and Customers Information: In the normal operation of the Site Subscriber timesheets (including information entered by “staff” members) and invoices are disclosed to the applicable Customers, and Customer information is disclosed to the applicable Subscriber. In general, information you enter on the Site is available to the other persons – whether they are Customers, Subscribers, staff members or others – to whom you give access to your account or to whom you give access to the information through the normal operation of the Site.
- Payment Information: We use credit card and other personally identifiable information (such as payment processor email addresses) you submit to us on the Site, and other information that we collect, as required, to process payments you make through the Site through our payment processor intermediaries. We do not store credit card or other payment method information unless the Subscriber or their Customers choose to enter credit card information for use in the Media HQS recurring profiles module; in all other cases our payment processors have the sole and complete responsibility for the storage of credit card and payment information. We may also share personally identifiable information with our payment processor intermediaries for risk management and fraud prevention.
- Aggregated Data: We will create statistical, aggregated data relating to our users and the Service for analytical purposes. Aggregated data includes data derived from Personal Information and obtained by Media HQS from other sources in aggregated, anonymous form and does not identify any individual (such data is referred to as “Aggregate Information”). Subject to applicable laws and regulations, we use Aggregate Information to understand our customers and to develop, improve and/or market our Services. We may provide Aggregate Information to third parties.
- Subsidiaries, Affiliates, and Service Providers: We may from time to time use the services of affiliates, subsidiaries and unrelated service providers in the operation of the Site, and may disclose personal information to them in the course of our use of their services. For example, we may use the services of third party hosting companies to host the operation of the Site. This may involve the hosting of data, including personal information, on servers operated by those hosting companies. We take care to use only service providers that we believe are reputable, have equivalent or better security safeguards in place than us, and able to live up to our and your expectations, including about the handling of confidential information. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Legal Requests and Business Transitions, Emergencies: In certain situations, Media HQS may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. Media HQS may disclose your personal information (a) to any governmental authority as part of an investigation to determine our compliance with any applicable law, rule, or regulation (including privacy laws, rules, and regulations), (b) in response to a court order, subpoena, discovery request, or other lawful judicial or administrative proceeding, (c) as otherwise required or permitted under any applicable law, rule, or regulation, and (d) in good faith, to protect or defend the rights or property of Media HQS and other users and (e) if Media HQS is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- Media HQS will not purchase consent, or sell, rent or share consent to opt-in to our mobile SMS/texting program.
For further details on the specific third party usage of our data, including a list of the partner organizations with whom Aggregate Information may be shared, please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Use of Other Persons’ Information
Other Information Collectors
Media HQS is a complex business network that connects millions of users. Media HQS manages a business eco system that brings together contractors, companies and customers. This network relies on the exchange and sharing of information that is important to others in your network. Tracked hours, sent invoices, paid invoices, contractor invoices are all vital to other people that work with you. These are the official history of work done and moneys paid. The complexity and connected nature of the system requires that this history exists for as long a time as necessary to accommodate proper function and accounting for the other systems that you have connected to via contracting hours, invoices, estimates. Media HQS will reasonably assure that information, where it is no longer required for the proper functioning of the service, will be deleted in a compliant manner and will consider any deletion request within the requirements of applicable law.
When a customer chooses to close an account we will remove your information from our marketing and billing systems. This will ensure that there are not further mailings or billings directed towards the canceled user.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services.
Our goal is to retain your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations and accepted accounting principles, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements; this retention period may extend past the point at which you close your account.
The criteria that will be for determining periods of retention will be based on the type of data. For example, data relevant to accounting information will be retained for at least 7 years, whereas temporary cookie data of a web visitor may not be retained at all.